Tennis Court Rules
The "Wait" Court
East side, closest to Via Hidalgo entrance
The Wait Court has been designated as such to accommodate more players, particularly those who do not wish — or are unable — to sign up in advance. Procedures are as follows:
- This court is available on a first come/first serve basis.
- All players waiting to play must be available when the court is free or forfeit the court.
- Playing time is one hour when other players are waiting.
- Juniors (under age 18) have the same rights and obligations as adults on the Wait Court.
- Players may not be playing on the Reserve Court and waiting on the Wait Court at the same time.
- Playing times are 8 AM to 10 PM. NO activities other than tennis are permitted on the courts.
- NO equipment of any kind other than tennis racquets/balls are allowed on the courts. This includes all wheeled devices, sports equipment and radios/tape players.
- Tennis shoes only on the courts — no street shoes.
- Guests are welcome when playing with a resident. Residents are limited to 3 guests each, and are responsible for guests' knowledge of the rules.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult.
- Metal racquets will damage the court surface and must have protective guards.